How to make disciples by Bill Bright

Teach these great truths to trustworthy people who are able to pass them on to others (2 Timothy 2:2, NLT).

Dear Friends,

How would you respond if I told you that you or anyone could be God's ambassador for introducing hundreds, thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of men and women to our Lord Jesus Christ?

Sound impossible? But it is possible, through an exciting principle I call "spiritual multiplication."

Here is how it works: If you were to introduce one person to the Lord Jesus every month for the next twenty years, you would have led 240 souls to Christ. This is the principle of addition.

But if you were to disciple each of those 240 new believers so that they in turn would win and disciple others, generation after generation, many thousands would come to know Christ in the same number of years.

Spiritual multiplication has worked for me for over 50 years, and it is the principle that has enabled Campus Crusade for Christ to help share the gospel with more than 6 billion people in 196 countries.

For example, a few years ago I traveled to Thailand where I met one of our staff members. He was the spiritual father of 12 generations. He had led more than 1,500 people to Christ in four years. He introduced me to one of his disciples, who introduced me to one of his disciples, and so it went on down a line of 12 men and women! The last disciple in the chain had been a Christian only six months and had already introduced 12 people to Christ.

The apostle Paul was referring to spiritual multiplication in his second letter to Timothy (2:2, TLB). "For you must teach others those things you and many others have heard me speak about. Teach these great truths to trustworthy men who will, in turn, pass them on to others."

Using His method and in obedience to our Lord's command (Matthew 28:18-20), the apostle Paul and the other disciples helped build the early church from a tiny handful of believers to a population explosion of dedicated Christians who literally turned the world upside down.

Several times in my ministry I have had the joy of someone coming to me and saying, "I'm your spiritual grandson or great-grandson!" or "I'm your granddaughter or great-granddaughter in Christ!"

What they were telling me is that someone whom I had introduced to Christ years ago had in turn led them to the Lord Jesus -- and now both generations of Christians had become spiritual multipliers by actively sharing their faith in Christ wherever they went.

Source: from Bill Bright

It is a real shame for many self-exalted preachers who are supposed to be famous and have been in Christian religious for decades but never make a single disciple who can walk with authority of God like the early church.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

You may post your comments here.
หากท่านมีข้อคิดเห็นเพิ่มเติมหรือเสนอแนะเชิญออกความเห็นได้
(กรุณาใช้ข้อความสุภาพ และสร้างสรรค์)